Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Soup's On!

This is my favorite soup recipe.  In fact, I made a a pot of it today.  And...delayed my lunch time just to wait for the soup to be finished.  Mmmmm...it was SO good.

In one of my earlier blog post's I talked about The Doctor's Diet, a book written by Dr. Travis Stork.  It's chock full of information about health and nutrition.  Maybe I shouldn't tell you this.  But, I don't lend out my copy of the book to anyone.  Maybe that's a bit selfish, but I want to be able to refer to the book at any time.  Sorry.  It's mine.

I haven't yet bought The Doctor's Diet Cookbook, by the same author.  But I got the chance to borrow it from a co-worker last winter.  The recipe I'm sharing today, is from that cookbook. 

"Not Just Chicken" Chicken Soup  (I just call it Chicken Veggie Soup)
Here's a pic of the batch I made today.




I've tried to determine the best way to share this recipe, since I don't have a link to the recipe.  Since it's in a cookbook, it isn't posted online.  I typed up the recipe in MS Word, then scanned it to convert it to a .jpeg file.  So.  Here it is.  I don't know what size it will print or how clear the print will be.
Give it a try, then please let me know in the comments...or email me through the "contact me" area in the blog sidebar.  I'll figure out something else if this isn't working well.
I usually make a slightly larger batch than this original, so that I can share.  I simple add extra broth and veggies (love my veggies!) and maybe 1 more chicken breast.  In fact, even if I make a single batch I always add more veggies than the recipe calls for.  Always!


This soup reheats so well.  In fact, I think it's tastier the day after I make it.  The seasonings and flavors have time to blend and get, well...yummier.
This soup is one of my go-to work lunches.  I enjoy having a hot lunch at work and it feels like comfort food, without the guilt.  Low-fat, low sodium and full of vegetables, chicken and whole grain.


I hope you'll give this recipe a try.  If you do, please let me know what you think of it.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment