Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Crustless Veggie Quiche...yum!

I'm sharing another of my favorite veggie recipes today.  It takes a bit of prep time, as most healthy recipes do, but it is so yummy.  Nutritious and low in calories, too.

110 Calorie Crustless Veggie Quiche.  Just click on the recipe name to follow a link to the blog post where I found this recipe last August.  Sally's Baking Addiction is the website.  You'll find lots of other recipes there, too.  You'll want to pick and choose the recipes you find on her website, as some are healthy...but many are not.  All of them look yummy, of course.  :)

The following photo of the quiche, from Sally's blog post.
Source: Sally's Baking Addiction
I just have to say...yum, yum and yum.  This is so good!  I've used a variety of different veggies each time I'm made this.  I always include spinach, onion and usually mushrooms along with the zucchini and peppers.  Use whatever your favorites are and experiment.  The recipe calls for 3 eggs & 3 egg whites, but I use 6 whole eggs and it turns out just fine.
As I read through other veggie quiche recipes, I saw that someone added 1/4 teaspoon curry powder and a pinch of cinnamon.   So, I also add those and find that it adds just a little more depth to the flavor.  Tasty!

Another food blog that I like is The Adventures of MJ and Hungryman.  I found her blog recently and loved it right away.  She follows a practice that I've been doing since I began my weight loss/getting healthy journey in August of 2013.

Weekly meal prep.  She calls hers "Meal Prep Friday".  Mine is usually on Saturday, but it doesn't matter what part of the weekend you choose.  Prepping ahead has helped immensely in staying on track with the foods I eat.  As I've talked about in a previous post, when I have foods already prepped and in the fridge I can grab it whenever I need it.  No digging through the pantry or staring in the fridge hoping something will magically jump out at me...already prepped.   I know that it's time consuming to do all that prep during some of my valuable weekend time (it goes SO quickly, doesn't it?), but when I consider the trade-off of eating fast food or boxed/pre-packaged foods, well...for me I know what I need to do.  Meal Prep Saturday.

Once I've completed all my meal prep, it's so satisfying to open the door to the fridge and see all of those storage containers full of nutritious and tasty foods.  And after a long work day, it takes so little time to pull out those containers and have a great meal on the table in very little time.  Not to mention how easy it is to grab containers of food for my work lunch, and be ready to go.

Each Friday after shopping for groceries, I see my fridge full of fresh produce.  By Saturday afternoon, I see containers full of prepped food.  Ready to eat!

As I've said before, I'm sharing what has worked for me.  I'm not saying that it is right for everyone else.  Only you can decide what works for you.  I just hope the info I share is helpful for a few others.
Let me know what works for you, because I always want to learn more!
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment